Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Lego mugs and grassy knolls.

Today has seen daughter no.4 growling at me to get out of my pit. It worked. I sorted out my drawers,  inside and on top. And I discovered stuff I had no need for, so binned that little lot. And realised I need a black bra. So I'm taking my lady lumps shopping later on this week.

I received a parcel in the post today. A Christmas present for the three boys that I ordered in the middle of November. Still, better late than never. We now have three Lego build on brick mugs, complete with a tiny pile of Lego, fighting for space in the cupboard. Daughter no.4 growled at me again, as I hadn't bought her one......fair point, because I wish I had one too......

MS is giving me a bit of a kicking at the moment. I went to my grandson's fifth birthday party yesterday, and watched as twenty odd kids, ran around like crazy fools. Just to be clear, the kids weren't odd. My rough estimate at the number of children was. Ok? But my point was, busy one day, knackered the next. Which is an absolute ball ache, when you're trying to have a life. I have an iPhone and I honestly don't know what I'd do without it, especially on days like today. It keeps me connected, not just with friends and family, but with the world too. Like for example all things Trump. Is that the biggest hairsprayed flick/combover ever seen outside the seventies? The man is ridiculous, and vain. And he's in charge of one of the worlds super powers, and I don't know about you lot, but I find that disturbing. Still, it's a few more days before he becomes the president proper, so anything could happen. Meet me on the grassy knoll, anyone??

It's now the next day, and daughter no.4 was at it again this morning......she cushioned the blow of finding myself upright and in the wheelchair, with a slice of toast and a cuppa. I'm showered, dressed and apologising to my bed to my bed and the dog for abandoning them earlier, but I'm back now, so I'm forgiven. But seriously, fatigue is hellish to live with. It takes over, and leaves you no longer fit for the purpose of living. I feel like all my bones have disappeared, leaving behind a skin bag of fat and muscle, puddled on the floor. I get so the only thing I can do is sleep, which would be ok if it charged me up to go again, but the sleep is non-restorative. Adopt a sarcastic tone, and say, 'Fucking marvellous.'

I hope to say that again, but with an impressed tone as I try on bras, and find, 'The One.'


No comments:

Post a Comment