Tuesday, November 15, 2016

First off, let me apologise for not writing for bloody ages. I would like to credit my absence, to something amazing, but no. I've just been slack. My youngest daughter was brutal with me today, telling me I do nothing with my life, and whilst her delivery needs work, she may have had a point. So, I can't go back to the things I loved, so I need to move forward, with something new. The only thing I can think of that stirs a desire in me to learn, is sign language. I've wanted to learn this for ages. There used to be a beautiful old building near where I used to live called The Deaf Centre. I used to walk past it regularly. Until one day, it was razed to the ground, and replaced by flats. So that was an opportunity lost. Fast forward a few years, actually, LOADS of years, and I'm at a local park, with the good man, the little man and the dog. A family passes us by, and the little girl in the group, signs 'dog'. I was so bloody pleased that I knew what she was signing, and being a great conversationalist, I signed back, 'Good. Yes. Dog.' I was beaming my best smile, and hoping I didn't come across as odd......but the little girl looked happy with my effort.
So at the moment, I know dog, good, thank you and bullshit. I used to know the names of all the family members, like sister, brother, auntie and so on, but I fear they got swept away, on a tide of grey matter, as MS dissolved parts of my brain. You know, this whole ms thing is odd. For example, I remember clearly the happenings pre MS, but since MS it's clear that MS is busy digging pot holes in my brain, ready and waiting to usher through, any thought that I may wish to re-visit. But tough tits, say goodbye to your memories.
So my conversation skills are slightly stunted, so I dunno how I'll remember what I'll learn, but I won't know until I try. I'm hoping the physical movement aspect, will add another layer, making it harder to forget. Well, here's hoping!
Watch this space....

No comments:

Post a Comment