Friday, December 6, 2013

Because Who Is Perfect Anyway?

December 3rd is International Day of Persons with Disabilities. Did you know that? I didn't. I'd never heard of it, and that in itself was interesting. Anyhoo, investigating it, I learned a couple of facts....but before I did, I had to look through google and in doing so, I discovered other irrelevant 'facts'. It was on the first page, but 6th in line behind celebrities birthdays (Amanda Seyfried turned 28). The placing of this day, December 3rd, on google, shows me just how important it is.

*15% of the world's population live with some form of disability. This equates to one billion people. Makes you think, hey?

*Physical, social, economic and attitudinal barriers prevent disabled people participating fully, effectively and equally as members of society.

So, those barriers are preventing 15% of the population from contributing, taking part, and spending. And that makes no sense. Not for the individuals, not for the people and not for the businesses. Let alone the Countries and the World. And that makes no sense.

And what led me to this was my daughter discovering this video.....I want to live in Zurich.

For mobile/tablet viewers, click HERE to view the video.


Because who is perfect anyway?





No comments:

Post a Comment