Thursday, October 24, 2013

Yesterday was interesting. First of all I got to pick up my new wheelchair and it's a thing of beauty. Turns on nothing and really lightweight too......the colour is not what I expected but, hey, it matches my boots, and that I can live with.

The good man can pick it up one handed, before he wrestles it into the boot. AND importantly, it has very short handles, so people are deterred from just pushing you, where they think you want to go. It's comfy, has a holder for my crutches, and damn if it isn't just SOOOO EASY! 

Secondly, I saw Jeremy Paxman interview Russell Brand. I NEED Brand in my team, on my side, waving my banner or just twatting unhelpful, unkind people with a placard. People like him will always divide opinion....make up your own mind....you can watch it here....

For mobile readers click HERE.




Sadly I am now firmly in the underclass group he speaks of. And that I can live with. What I can't live with is being treated and seen as less, just because, through no fault of my own, I have this shitty disease. A disease that tries it's very best to strip you of independence, identity, value, and well, just you. 

Well, back off MS, you've had enough. Enough of me. Independence, identity and value is to keep, mine to keep, not yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment