Saturday, July 6, 2013

Ups and downs.

A few posts ago, I wrote of the parcel I received in the post from a friend. Well, this friend has only bloody well gone and written, and published a book! Impressive! I love her muchly!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Chameleon-ebook/dp/B00DBEGCWC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373109615&sr=8-1&keywords=the+chameleon

I don't know what is going on in the world...it all feels a bit unbalanced. On one hand, I have these stars satelliting my sofa based moon ;) as they do incredible things.....the book writing friend, the friend who's just landed a coverted job in Switzerland, the friends that are planning their world wide trip, the friend that just rode his bike for just over 100 miles, a push bike, not a motorbike!.......and do you know what? They are all lush people. Radiators.

On the other hand.....I watched a BBC programme the other day. The programme was 'Imagine' on the war photographer and photojournalist Don McCullin. He had travelled the world photographing horrific images again and again, and they displayed us at our very worst. Every day the news reports deaths and horrors. They may or may not be happening in our country, or our town, or our street, BUT they are happening in our WORLD. And it makes me very uneasy. We need to learn from lessons past, and not keep repeating these actions, that cost lives, in the hope of a different end. The world and the people in it, will get drained.

Are you a drain? Or a radiator?

I feel very vulnerable. I would be first up for the gas chamber/bullet in my disabled state. So what of the people in a similar situation as me in these places? I dread to think. You think I exaggerate? 'Imagine' revealed blind children, of various ages that had been locked in a room together. They were left in their own filth and with no comfort. The heat was overwhelming, but the warmth of kindness was sadly missing.

There is talk of consequences in this film. And that is exactly it. Think of the consequences of your actions. Not just to yourself, but to others too. Be brave, not passive.


“It's the action, not the fruit of the action, that's important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there'll be any fruit. But that doesn't mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.” Mahatma Gandhi. Good bloke.



No comments:

Post a Comment